Saturday, June 9, 2012

Bountiful Baskets -- June 9

Bountiful Baskets time again!  Our site needs more participants so that we get everything... but regardless, I loved our basket today.

I got two baskets, and a flat of strawberries.  Yummmm

Lousy photo though.  This is one basket:



  • Two heads of kale
  • Two heads of lettuce
  • 7 ears of corn
  • Two acorn squash.  Though three are in the photo.  Oops.  One lady there gave me hers.
  • Two cucumbers
  • Five tomatoes (the other basket had four)
  • One melon
  • Five mangoes
  • Thirteen plums.  And they are yummy.
  • Six apricots
  • Five bananas
  • Thirteen granny smith apples (the other basket had one more)
What is the plan for all of this?
  • I'll be making corn for dinner twice.  
  • I'll be making squash for dinner twice. And probably freezing some.
  • We're going to be trying kale chips.
  • If kale chips aren't a hit, we'll be doing some potato & kale soup
  • We'll be doing a whole lot of salads.
  • Melon for breakfast a couple of days
  • Loads of smoothies, as that is what we do with mangoes.
  • Lots of fruit for snacking (bananas, plums, apricots, apples)
  • I'm making some dill pickles.
 Unless someone else has some fabulous suggestions for me!

3 comments:

Homeschooling6 said...

I use to be part of a co-op for veggies and fruit. It was always fun to see what we would get.
Enjoy!
Linda<><

Unknown said...

Oh we get a basket too, but that was a lot for one basket! Our sites always seem to go fast.

Debra said...

That was a huge basket! It was a lot of fun, but a LOT of greens. Yikes.