Saturday, February 12, 2011

Just Read!

I have the world's greatest library, I'm telling you.

We missed the bookmobile last week due to snow (it left early!) so I didn't see that it is time, once again, for the 7th Annual Adult Reading Program.  I mean really, why should the kids be the only ones getting prizes from the library.  I adore my Reading Program mugs... can't wait to get a couple more this year!

This year, it is called Just Read! and it runs from Feb. 7 to April 4.  If Dale & I (we're both signed up) read four books by March 14, we not only get a prize but we also are entered into some drawings.  They give away incredibly cool stuff!  Including <gasp> a Nook this year.  Yeah, I already own one.  But I know Dale would make use of one.  Or the kids could share it.  Oh, it would be nice...

And reading 8 books by April 4 gets us another prize and an entry into the grand prize drawing.

I'm just not sure which prize includes the coffee mug, probably the second one.  There are also Burger King coupons, gift baskets from Chick-fil-A...

Anyway, I am going to track my reading on my blog.  Just because.  I lose those silly forms, so this way, I can store it away, and only pull it out to update it before I take it in.

  1. The Stones Cry Out by Sibella Giorello.  Feb 10, I think.  Fabulous book.
  2. Seek Me With All Your Heart by Beth Wiseman. Feb. 16-17.  Reviewed here.
  3. In the Shadow of Evil by Robin Caroll.  Feb 23.  Reviewed here.
  4. A Trail of Ink by Mel Starr.  Feb 23-24.  Reviewed here.
  5.  One Race, One Blood by Ken Ham & Charles Ware.  Feb. 9-24.  Reviewed here.  
  6. Demolishing Contradictions, edited by Ken Ham.  Feb. 24-25.  Reviewed here
  7. The Mountains Bow Down by Sibella Giorello.  March 1-2.  Watch for a review later this month.
  8. (Bankruptcy of Our Nation by Jerry Robinson -- started Feb. 7); or
  9. (A Murder for Her Majesty by Beth Hilgartner -- started Feb. 7)

No comments: